Galatians 6:10 (NLT): “Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters.”
At Bulverde Baptist Church our mission is to help people Belong in community, Grow in a relationship with Jesus, and Invest in the lives of others. If you are a member of Bulverde Baptist Church, the Benevolence Ministry Team is a part of your community to help you through difficult times to meet your financial, emotional, and physical needs. We extend a helping hand to those in need in our larger community as well. The city of Bulverde and the local area are our larger community. In doing so we hope to share the love of Jesus. We invest in your life so that you can invest in others.
Our team focuses on people in single parent homes, people on disability or people with limited finances such as those on social security, widows, the homebound, the terminally ill or sick, those who have lost their jobs, etc. We cannot provide long-term help and will guard against generating financial dependence on the Church. Instead of providing assistance ourselves we may direct you to other organizations in our area that can meet your needs more effectively.
Our primary assistance will be toward basic life necessities. The more primary the need, the higher the probability you will be considered for assistance.
All church members and non-members may be assisted on a case-by-case basis after completing the Benevolence Application.
Benevolence Support Process:
- Fill out the assistance request form to the best of your ability. You can either fill out and submit the form online or download the form and deliver the completed form to the church office or to a member of the Benevolence Ministry.
- A member of the team will contact you within 24 hours for a quick interview and for gathering more information about your situation.
- The completed request form will be reviewed by the Chair or Co-Chair of the Benevolence Team and a vote sent out to our Benevolence Team by email to determine the course of action.
- You will be notified by a team member of our decision.
- If the decision is affirmative we will proceed to take the action agreed upon.
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the ministry, please submit the form below.